March 8, 2013

Quick and Easy Guacamole


My favorite snack is chips and guacamole. I could probably eat a whole bowl of guacamole by myself if it was socially acceptable to do so.  But I cant, so the next best thing is to make some for the fam. I don't always have the time to chop all the ingredients that would normally go into guacamole nor do I usually have the all the ingredients on hand. Sometimes I just want to walk into my pantry and use what I have. Dont worry though, my guacamole is just as easy as it is good (not to toot my own horn or anything)!

Here is what you need:

First, cut your avocado in half and scoop out the inside. I like to mash mine with a fork before I add in anything else.


Next, pour in the diced tomatoes (you can used any type of diced tomatoes you want, we like ours with some kick so we use the kind with jalapeno). If you are using diced onion add these as well. I was too lazy to chop the onions today, but normally I would add some.


Now here is where you will need to do the taste and test method. Sprinkle in some garlic salt and pepper. If you want some spice, go ahead and squeeze in a little Sriracha. Remember a little bit goes a long way. Stir everything together and add whatever else you like. Once you have the flavor you want, add some lime juice. You want to add this to prevent the guacamole from turning brown.  If you like lime like I do, add a little extra to give the guacamole a "hint of lime."  Of course, if your family is like mine, and by "family" I mean me, your guacamole won't last long enough to turn brown.  After adding the lime, stir again.



Now go ahead and indulge in your guacamole. Yum!



Ingredients:

          2 avocados
          1/2 can diced tomatoes
          1/4 diced onion
          1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
          1/4 teaspoon pepper
          a squeeze of sriracha
          1/2 teaspoon lime juice

Summary: First cut avocado in half and scoop the insides into a bowl. Next add diced tomatoes, onion, and spices and mix together. Now add lime juice and stir once more. Get out the bag of chips and go ahead and enjoy.

With love!





No comments:

Post a Comment