March 17, 2013

Garlic Herb Butter


Garlic Herb butter, so simple, yet so delicious! This butter is out of this world and you only need three ingredients. You can put it on anything... Garlic bread, steak, potatoes, veggies, chicken, you get the point!

Here is what you will need

If you have a Trader Joe's near you, I highly recommend getting their frozen crushed garlic cubes. I tried minced garlic from a jar and a garlic paste, but the Trader Joe's crushed garlic is what put this butter over the edge for me. I am sure fresh garlic crushed or zested would be just as good, but as you guys have probably figured out by now...I like to use what I have! I usually try to keep fresh garlic in my cupboard, but I love it so much that I usually use it up pretty quickly, which is why I find the Trader Joe's frozen cubes of crushed garlic so convenient! They are so much better than jarred or garlic powder. Trader Joe's also has frozen cubes of basil, parsley ect...they are awesome! I love TJ's!

The first thing you will need to do is leave your butter on the counter to soften until its about room temperature. Depending on the temperature of your house, you can probably leave it out for about an hour and a half and get the right softness...don't let it melt, just let it soften up a bit.

Once your butter is soft then put it in your food processor or mixer and add your garlic and parsley flakes. If you have fresh parsley you can use that instead, but I didn't have any and to be honest this butter is so good you can just use your dried parsley flakes from the spice jar.


Now mix it until the parsley and garlic are fully mixed in. You may need to take a spatula and wipe down the sides a few times until it is mixed in. Next just scoop out your butter onto foil your plastic wrap with foil on the outside.


Then roll it up.


Once it is rolled push it in..


Now put it in your refrigerator to harden

That's it! Now you are ready to use it! I used it on french bread and it was some of the best garlic bread I have ever had! I also put a little slice of it on my husband and my steaks and let it melt all over....mmmmmm!

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter
3 cubes of Trader Joe's garlic (or more if you like it garlicky) or 3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons parsley flakes

Summary:
Let butter soften to room temperature. Put all ingredients into food processor or mixer and process until fully mixed. Roll butter up into saran wrap or foil and let harden in your refrigerator until you are ready to use. Enjoy!

With love!

No comments:

Post a Comment