March 8, 2013

Blueberry Green Smoothie


I have never had a problem with eating spinach...I like spinach salads and I like it on sandwiches, but in a smoothie? Gross!  It doesn't sound like it would be good...boy was I wrong! Green smoothies are officially my new obsession.

I have been craving a smoothie all winter long, but the thought of drinking an ice cold smoothie while it is below freezing out seems wrong! Now that it is a warm and sunny 50 degrees here in Nebraska, I decided to just go for it. I need to get bathing suit ready BEFORE summer, right??? While I was at the store buying all the ingredients for a fruit smoothie, I decided to see what all the "green smoothie" hype is all about so I bought some spinach. Oh my, what a brillant invention! You can't even taste the spinach! All those nutrients and you can't taste it? I am hooked! If you are anything like me, you just don't get enough greens in your diet, this is the perfect way to get them in and trick your husband and kids into getting them too!

Here is what you will need:

Throw in about a handful and a half of the spinach leaves into your blender.


Next add frozen blueberries, frozen bananas, flax seeds and almond milk. Blend until it is the consistency you are looking for. Voila! You now have a green smoothie. Easy peasy! Now you have no excuse not to eat your greens!



Enjoy!


Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 frozen banana
a handful and a half of spinach
1 tablespoon flax seeds

Summary: Put all ingredients in a blender and blend. You may need to adjust the amounts of the ingredients to get the consistency you want.

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment